Foosball.com Forums

Why Rico Dominates USA Players !

Why Rico Dominates USA Players !
« on: August 25, 2008, 12:43:48 AM »

A big problem with "Todays Major Tournaments", are the promoters intention to drag them out. Dragging them out is one way to keep the operating costs and player entry fees down. But because the prizes are still low in comparison, this dragging out, continues to cause the loss of players through attrition, thus decreasing the cream quality and number of top players in the cream of the crop pool in the USA.

Lets face it, the players do not have the incentive to quit their regular job to practice enough and to stay on the road enough to win these events as there is not enough money to be earned to do so..Thus the promoters need to realize "once and for all" (DUH) the working players are the ones that are attending these events, and as a result is why you continue to see top players(in all Ranking Classes) year after year, quit the tour, thus resulting in the cream of the crop players having a lessor challenge, thus providing a mechanism *not requiring the remaining and new players to take the highest challenge* towards reaching the current reduced cream at the top. This is creating what I call a Death Spiral Effect on the ability of the USA Promoters to increase the quality of the cream of the crop Foosball Players.. Thus the top pool of players are not reaching their maximum potential.

The answer is, the Tournaments need players who have money to spend and most of the time that means players who have jobs. *Players with Jobs*need tournaments designed *to not require as much time away from work*, even if the prize money is reduced somewhat, until sponsorships (or some other method) is available to up the prize money to an amount, that creates the incentive to loose your job and stay on the tour, or it makes economic sense to make the choice to use your time off work and money to play.
Most players would like to choose to pay to play foosball, not to pay to set in a hotel room and stand around waiting for their event and match to start. But with the current system, the way it, Players(after figuring this out) simply choose another hobby, which is more reasonable in the management of their time and economic resources. Thus Rico continues to dominate USA Foosball.

Make a list of all the players that went to the World Championships during each of the last 10-15 years and no longer go..A Large percentage do not go any more as a result of the problem I mentioned above._________________

Golf April thru September...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U7LFBPxUk4

Foos October thru March...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBh8_5WQpI

JA-Blues is My Business
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4j95R7LXdY&feature=related
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 01:52:40 PM by Gstillwellar »

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
Re: Why Rico Dominates USA Players !
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 10:57:55 AM »
Rico dominates because he is the best EVER

tournament structure and available resources to fund the tournaments is a big issue

there are more factors than US players not staying with the game that makes Rico dominant because he is dominant on 5 or 6 other tables (actually each and every table anyone puts in front of him) in Europe and they don't have the same tournament issues the US does

take a gander at his record, it will take your breath away

http://www.speedplay.be/profile.php?id=3&page=activity

Rico is the best because

* He has what is probably the best all around, every rod and every hand, ball control ever certainly at the top of any list - but the best I have ever seen (spree is right there)
* He can do more with his left hand than 90% of the players can do with their right hand
* He has one of the top offensive 5's in foosball history
* He has one of the best defensive 5's in foosball history
* He has unquestionably the best 2 to 5 in foosball history (spree is the only one who even comes close)
* He has one of the most effective 3 bars in history
* He is one of the top couple defensive goalies in the game and eventually I guess people will say in history
* He is one of the best all time keeping balls in the goalie area and stopping slop
* He has a great 2 bar (you don't see on Tornado)
* He is one of the quickest people in foos history and may have the fastest hands in foosball today
* He has the best transition game in foosball maybe ever
* He has one of the hardest zones in singles to score on...ever
* He has a sixth sense at picking up loose balls
* He plays intense all the time and hates to loose
* He plays very smart intense but controlled foosball all the time
* He plays as good as any in history under pressure
* He comes back after a loss and probably wins 90%+ of his games
* He is careful to keep and put away games
* He closes out as good as anyone who has ever played - if he has you down, he will keep at you
* He is creative, unpredictable, and can do anything from any rod at any time and seems to have a sixth sense on when to and when not to do this

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 03:12:43 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:24:19 AM by Snake Shot Blows »

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 03:31:09 PM »
Yes they could have a foosball tournament that only players with a real job were allowed to play in.  The only probelm is that there would only be about six teams.   note: emptying quarters once a week from your three tables or selling T-shirts at the swapmeet doesn't count as a real job. 
also, I agree with the above post..........  Rico is weak  :P!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:33:55 PM by Vince Powers »

Offline Will17

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 03:42:12 PM »
I agree, rico sucks, because he has NEVER beaten me

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 03:48:11 PM »
He has never beaten me in the finals!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 12:37:29 PM by Wounded Goose »

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 04:07:49 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:24:35 AM by Snake Shot Blows »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »
whatever SNBlows...have fun, Mr Tighty Whity could make you look like a crippled school girl I am quite certain - after a couple of minutes of getting your A$$ handed to you, you would be begging him for a squirt from his special bottle

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 05:00:23 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:24:52 AM by Snake Shot Blows »

Offline Will17

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 05:05:22 PM »
Rico has never even blocked my pull shot. and never scored on me with his euro, not even once. I agree with the guy whose snake shot blows! oh wait, rico is the best player ever to live and dominates everyone... i forgot that part.

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »
Ha Ha Ha ha   That's funny.   All though I do see him playing that innocent card so people let him get away with tiny adjustments and extra time.   I want to see Snake whip the Belgian brat !      Just Do It !

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »
oh now your bad mouthing the backpin...you need to slink back to your shiny green top and those wobbly white balls stamped with the TS and hand set your pull and pretend you can play again

you can bank your way into heaven while you reminisce about how you took the legendary Steve Simon to match ball... once and and ah yea, "I toaked on a bong with Doug "God" Fury..."No really, I did"

what are you going to do on the Tornado, you can't do chip passes or bank and no one will let you hand set your pull...well, I assume you shoot a pull, because you are good at yanking on things

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 11:04:25 AM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:25:08 AM by Snake Shot Blows »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »
ahh, you are a dual threat, slow witted AND a flamer ;D...perhaps the "Blow" part of your name means something other than what it appears on the surface :P
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:36:08 AM by bbtuna »

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 11:26:15 AM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 08:25:26 AM by Snake Shot Blows »