Foosball.com Forums

Need help on tables... Looking to buy

Offline hedge

Need help on tables... Looking to buy
« on: July 25, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »
Hey Guys I'm still looking for a table and ran across this one.  Is this considered a Blonde Tornado

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/tag/2511695016.html

Thanks for the help!

Larry
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:08:02 AM by hedge »

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
Re: Would this be considered a Blonde Tornado?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:41 PM »
What do you think, Charles? A little high on that $600?
;
Unless Hedge is in the LA California area tho, might be an easy pickup...

Offline bbtuna

• TS, Dynamo, Tornado, Warrior, & Fireball
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:09:52 PM »
yes that is a Blond and a good starting price assuming it doesn't have any major issues....offer $400 and see what you get (again, assuming no major issues)

let us know what happens - good luck

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 01:11:30 PM »
killa, what you doin slummin over hear and whats with beatin my chops over on the other board on my 2-5 passing thread?

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 01:19:50 PM »
killa, what you doin slummin over hear and whats with beatin my chops over on the other board on my 2-5 passing thread?
;
Hey I was just adding to the trouble, instigating as devil's advocate ... although I'm no match for Boogie Phil in COLORADO!  And I was nice.... about it... Tongue in Cheek, but civil.. Damn Ezekiel went ape on Scott (LOL!)... I would never do that... although I believe it all started with the curse and direct affront of the TOPIC TITLE, which is why he went bonkers... and not only him.... You picked the right title anyway, like a good newspaper headmast writer.. I have no problems... just like talk radio... Zeke didn't read the thread in whole like he said... but reacted to your title.  So you were very successful in highlighting a (by consensus) valid topic.... You got your point across very well.  Everything else and the flamewar (which I kept out of btw) are all icing on the cake, you troublemaker you!

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 01:24:03 PM »
;
Slumming?  I love Foosball.com!  Always have! Despite this weird new color combo (too lazy to readjust it)... Hangin' on Waterman's board is NEVER EVER SLUMMING!  Is that what you're trying to say?   ;D ;D ;D Are ya saying hanging out with more International (and very civil and much more respectful) foosers and Euro/zini players like Alan is not high quality forum-mongering?  8) 8) 8)

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
I did highlight that asking for more rules changes sounds a bit ITSF'y... if ya asks me! :P
;
This coming from YOU??????  I was shocked.  :o

Offline hedge

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »
Hey Guys,  Thanks for the input!  My area has expanded so I'm looking in SanDiego, Orange County and the Inland Empire....  I' willing to drive a little if I have to.  Grandma live in Vegas so I may even expand to that if I need to.   $400 was my thought.  I will get a hold of him and see what he says on condition.  Thanks again,  Larry

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 02:41:10 PM »
killa - yea you got my plan with the title...I made a post on this subject years ago but when Phil moved the board it was lost ... at that time my title was provacative too saying it should be made illegal or some such

if you thought this brought out the hackers you should have seen that one...in truth, if it were up to me, I would make it illegal...I think it is terrible for the game and although I appreciate the strategy, finesse, and work that goes into making it top notch and i respect Fred and Tony but that doesn't change the loppsided offensive advantage

plus i  don't think i have seen anything more boring...foos isn't much of a spectators sport but if it ever has a chance, 2-5 passing is not good for its future

but if I said all that over on the other board people would go crazy and they would be irrational and nasty...it would give Boogie, his tag-alongs, and their detractors fule for blasting

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:25:13 PM »
$600 for a blond table in Southern California is actually a good price. In Southern Cal, the economic scale is far different than most of the country. This table might be worth $500 in many states but in Southern Cal. it will fetch $600+ if the seller made a better looking ad. His ad sucks and begs for someone to lower the price for him. I do know that a Warrior table sold in Burbank last week for $540. He then turned around and bought 2 more Fireball tables from me.
He has bought 3 tables this year and has sold his other tables, plus one of the Fireball tables.

Southern Cal is not the same market. I sold a blond, non-coin op table 2 years+ ago and in Oregon for $500.
Nice to know that you can buy an old looking, old feeling and slow as hell table for $600.00. It makes me feel good to sell great tables for a little more money...

Brad Laurine     
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:28:55 PM by BradLaurine »

Offline bbtuna

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
good point, you can get a near brand new Fireball for $800...ish on eBay right now...kick ass deal for a kick ass table

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fireball-USA-PRO-Foosball-Table-Soccer-Tournament-Used-/110717809030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c74bb186

Offline hedge

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 05:25:37 PM »
The shipping is always the killer...... 

Offline hedge

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 11:54:58 PM »
This would probably be a twister....

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/tag/2513065026.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:37:17 AM by hedge »

Offline hedge

Re: Need help on tables... Looking to buy
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 12:24:03 AM »
I called the guy on the blonde and one goal has minor chipping and could probably get it delivered for $500-$550?

The other one (twister?)  SOLD...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 12:37:36 AM by hedge »

Offline bbtuna

Re: Need help on tables... Looking to buy
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:02 AM »
glad the twister sold, that is a total waste of money on a scale of 1-10 and coin op is a 10 and the Twister is a 3/4

problem with the blonde is that the chipping really can't be stopped and will just get worse over time...I know, I have done it to every table i have ever owned...i am currently ruining by Cherry...you can put "Hard as Nails" nail polish stuff on it (you can get the how to later) and that will at least retard the errosian...becuase of the chipping, delivered for 500 should be the highest you should go...no bent rods?  take off $40 for each bent rod

good luck, I am excited for you...when you get it home, spend a couple hours cleaning it so that its like new...check  out my thread on What table should I buy? to tell you what you will need and how to do the cleaning

http://foosball.com/forum/index.php?topic=2704.0

foos on brotha