Foosball.com Forums

Fireball is the US table at Worlds

Fireball is the US table at Worlds
« on: December 31, 2011, 11:02:07 AM »
That is true isn't it?

Offline FOOZUL

Re: Fireball is the US table at Worlds
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
No offense to Fireball or as matter of fact Fireball USA, I'm a owner of one, my photo's even in the site of
Fireball USA. But I still wish we had a US made table represented by US team in the WC. I know Brad has
done a tremendous job on improving the Fireball brand in the US.
We are USA for God's sake, we should have an American Brand represented...Happy New Year Foos Fanatics!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck to our US team in the WC.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 04:39:05 PM »
Nobody made that argument when Tornado was built in Mexico or where ever they were made.

Offline papafoos

• Good luck reaching me IM, I usually keep them off.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 05:34:14 PM »
I guess you missed it, but there was plenty of bitching when Dumswick moved it to Mexico.  Come to think of it, most of the bitching was on the other board where they're a lot less forgiving and more emotional. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 05:37:21 PM by papafoos »

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 09:09:50 AM »
I guess I'm all wet on the subject. Well Brad, if the wheels come off from your and Dennis' partnership you will have to start building them up here in Oregon. That would make everyone happy(except Dennis).

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 07:59:14 AM »
No offense to Fireball or as matter of fact Fireball USA, I'm a owner of one, my photo's even in the site of
Fireball USA. But I still wish we had a US made table represented by US team in the WC. I know Brad has
done a tremendous job on improving the Fireball brand in the US.
We are USA for God's sake, we should have an American Brand represented...Happy New Year Foos Fanatics!!!!!!!!!!
Best of luck to our US team in the WC.
And which brand could that be? Currently, there's no American table with an ITSF license.

Offline FOOZUL

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Dear thebodygroove, I said, I quote myself "I wish we had a US made table..."
So you're right, there's no American table w/ITSF license.

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
I would think Fireball will be more to the Euro's liking but then they have less excuses when we kick their butts. ;D

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 11:28:12 PM »
Gentleman, Fireball is not American made but is heavily influenced by American(s).

After the last 20 months of changes to the Fireball line, one could say that it is built for Americans. The standards that were in place prior to Americans getting involved were not up to TOUR level performance.

Yes, it is made in China and the price reflects that as well. As the importer of Fireball and the supplier to North America I can state clearly that I pay for that license that are on the tables. ITSF is supported by North America and USTSF sees a small part of that payment.

Fireball was chosen by the US Team, as well as the Canadians chose the Fireball table. I am proud that they are playing on Fireball tables

The European teams will fare better this year on the Fireball style of table.
The Tornado table is a heavy feeling table and the men are much more clumsy for controlling the ball. I am sure that the Euro-Pin style, with the nimble action that the Fireball rods have is much more to their collective liking.

I played last year in Europe (UK Open) on the Fireball table, Tony and I were the only Americans in the 200 or so players. I played against several dozen teams, all with European players. Without exception, they all played stronger on the Fireball table and stated so, both in voice and in action. My Team mate in Open Doubles was not familiar with the Fireball table, but quickly learned his shots with great effect. (5-6th, I think)
We played in Las Vegas in March and completely bombed. He could not, nor does 99% of the European players adjust to the stiff and heavy rod feel of the Tornado table. Hell, I had to play front.

North America had an advantage with Tornado, just like they do with Bonzini, Roberto Sport or Garlando. Fireball is a much more agile <ag·ile ( j l, - l ). adj. 1. Characterized by quickness, lightness, and ease of movement; nimble> table.

Go North America! (really GO USA)

out, Brad Laurine

Offline alaris

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 08:20:19 AM »
Live Stream is up on Kozoom!! Looks fantastic and for the price you can't beat it!!

Offline PatRyan

• www.usatablesoccer.org
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 06:09:50 PM »
and USTSF sees a small part of that payment.

..., Brad Laurine

Um, no, the USTSF does not see a small poart of that payment, not even on the tables sold in the USA.  The license Money that used to go to the national federations now goes to the ITSF development fund.  It does not get paid directly to the federations.  This changed in 2011 (I think).

Pat Ryan
USTSF
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 06:12:31 PM by PatRyan »

Offline BradLaurine

• Fireball Table Soccer
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »
Wow, NOW that really SUCKS.

I think that is NOT the way it should be Pat. For the last 5 years, part of those funds did go to USTSF, now you are saying that it all goes to ITSF. I hope that USTSF gets to stick their collective hand BACK into the cookie jar for support.

Thanks for the update.

Good Luck in FRANCE!

Brad

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 06:39:59 AM »
Well, I just bought a BRAND NEW ITSF FIREBALL TABLE(!) so I'm putting in my 2 cents worth.

Since I'm an American and I just bought this table in America, I'd like to see some of my "taxes" spent a little closer to home, i.e., USTSF.  More importantly, What I'd really like to see is for the ITSF and/or the USTSF grab the IOC by the shirt, shake them vigorously, and yell in their face,  "Put Table Soccer in the Olympics, you morons!" The Olympics has Ballroom Dancing and Upside Down Underwater Swimming but they don't have Foosball! Give me a break. How many millions of people have to play this game before the IOC gets the message?

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 09:00:59 PM »
Buckshot has a point. I think a big representation to the Olympic committee is needed. With all the quality video and the many countries that compete as well as the format used at Nantes to show that it can be done, I think it is time to make some noise. It's time!

Offline foozkillah

• Sure Ain't A Livin'
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 02:33:40 PM »
Foosball and national representation might do better to get in to that can't-help-but-grow demographic.. instead of the Olympics with its corruption, steroid et al problems, massive investment requirements and polarized politics..  Foosball's nowhere near as old as those classic "can't miss" sports and their massive followers.  They have major dues-paying followers filling their coffers.
;
X-games might be a better fit, at least for starters...  IMHO..