Foosball.com Forums

mental attitude

Offline Tyler Foos

• JacksonvilleTableSoccer.com
Re: mental attitude
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2012, 08:58:10 AM »
Zeek,

The 20 minute video has me curious as to the details of the process that gets you from wanting to getting. The claims that believing always gets you what you want does make me want to hear more and I have not watched the entire 'the Secret' video, just the clip you posted, so I'm sure a lot of the questions that I am curious about are answered there. I know that no matter how hard a death row inmate may want to believe his way to freedom, it won't happen. Also, a person who wants to become high up in our political structure (Governor, Senator, etc.) can't simply wish his way to that position, he must first have the necessary education, start out at the local level, sharpen his skills of implementing his agenda while developing the personal qualities to attract voters, and work his way to the goal he sets. So, I again am curious to see the way the full video addresses the steps in between the wants and the gets.

The concept that thoughts have frequency and that the universe has properties that allow the law of attraction to exist and influence us is something I can relate to. Carl Jung would have probably been delighted to help explain the law of attraction, and his theories about a collective unconscious and a universal intelligence immediately came to mind while watching the clip. The idea that it has been proven that positive thoughts are 100s of times stronger than negative ones makes me want to hear more. I do get a bit turned off when the word miracle starts getting thrown around because people often stop looking for the 'what really happened' answer and end up calling things miraculous when whatever happened was easily explainable and repeatable.

So I guess my short answer for now is that my curiosity has been raised, while reserving some healthy skepticism.

Tyler

« Reply #271 on: July 02, 2012, 03:45:16 PM »
Tyler
Always keep in mind that all these exercises are basically designed to help you be able to take the proper action(s) necessary to reach the goal. All of my "stuff" has been about the details, the mechanics, of how the thought process influences our reality. The biggest problem i have had with trying to explain these processes is that there is only a small number of people that really care about the details.

When i saw "The Secret" i realized that unless you are just interested in the details, it is not necessary to know them to be able to create what you want. Instead of monitoring your thoughts, you simply have to pay attention to your emotions. They are telling you if your thoughts are in line with what you want. Bad emotions attract more bad emotions, people and situations. Good emotions attract more good emotions, people and situations and tell you you are in line with what you want. When you are "feeling good" you cant wait to get to work on your goal. And the action is effortless because you are having fun. The rest of the movie basically addresses ways to accomplish "feeling good" and eliminate "feeling bad".

As for the prisoner and the politician, if they sit in the corner all day and contemplate their navel, one will be dead and the other will be flipping burgers. If they spend a certain amount of time each day vizualising actually having what they want, and feeling the good emotions that go with having what they want, they will be motivated to take proper action. The politician will probably get elected if he persists, and if there is some way that the prisioner could get out of his predicament, he will be motivated to find it.

Joe Vitale mentions magic and miricles in one segment. I think he is addressing those people who do believe such things. This movie is not about mysticysim or religion. It is meant to address a way of thinking that creates happiness, peace and wealth.

There is so much more than what you saw. If you are really interested in personal growth and selp-improvemant, you gotta get this movie. I have watched it at least 10 times.

www.thesecret.net

Zeek

P.S. - i have no financial interest in promoting the secret
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:53:48 PM by zeek mullins »

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #272 on: July 02, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »
Zeek,

I certainly appreciate what you are saying. The 20 minute clip was a great sales pitch for the complete story, which I have not watched. The frame of reference that I have to incorporate the Secret's information is my experience in 12 step work, specifically AA. The preface of the AA book describes a position of neutrality that is achievable from working the steps, in my experience because this is when a person is in the best possible position to receive input from the outside world, and this is a foundational necessity towards manageing ones life, the goal of any 12 step program. I must qualify my comments because I don't buy into the disease theory of AA at all, that topic deserving of its own thread someday. But basically going from a feel/act/think pattern as a drinker to a think/act/feel pattern is a big part of the recovery process, and the info found in the 20 minute teaser to the Secret does have me curious for more. The lady standing at the jewelry window, looking at the necklace, then having it magically appear on her neck is an example for me of wanting to hear about the details that got her that necklace - back to my summary comment of the details that bridges the wants and gets. I promise you I'm not trying to belittle anything in the 20 minute clip, it's an effective teaser to watch the whole thing.

Take care.............................................Tyler

« Reply #273 on: July 02, 2012, 06:14:00 PM »
Tyler
Please notice that the necklace did not magically appear, it was given to her by a friend. The point being that her positive focusing some how influenced him to buy it and give it to her (perhaps she even told him she wanted it). When you are experiencing good emotions you are happy. And people want to be around and do good things for happy people. Make sense?

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #274 on: July 02, 2012, 06:39:20 PM »
Zeek,

I don't challenge or dispute the idea that there is power in positive thinking. The 20 min clip makes it sound like only a very rare few know of this secret, listing some well known, influential and powerful names in history. The group that knows this secret is really that small? The necklace example doesn't have much uniqueness to it.

Tyler

« Reply #275 on: July 02, 2012, 07:09:32 PM »
hopin not to have any disputes Tyler. Not my personality. but challenges are what may help both of us understand this. I have watched it several times and still have much to learn. Your quesrions are legitamate and I am not fully qualified to answer some of them. PLEASE invest in the full movie. i have shared it with some of my friends including the infamous David Vick. I actually saw some lights go on.The full movie will answer your quwstion but basically, yes i believe that only 1 = 3 % of the people still fully understand this way of thinking. zeek
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:11:03 PM by zeek mullins »

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #276 on: July 02, 2012, 07:17:52 PM »
Zeek,

Oh, I'm not looking for disputes either. The short clip gave me more questions than answers, but I was invited to discuss it after watching it, so I did! I'll stop now.

Tyler

« Reply #277 on: July 02, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
sorry. was it something i said

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #278 on: July 03, 2012, 07:23:44 AM »
Zeek,

The easy thing would be for me to watch the whole video. Instead I decided to follow your instructions and just watch the short clip, then discuss. As the thread developed, you suggested I should see the whole video. So, I'll stop critiquing the teaser until I see the whole video - no emotion in it at all! The whole topic is fascinating to me and I'm glad you've shared the video. Can't say when I'll have an hour and a half +/- to see the whole film, the 20 minute clip took me almost a week (I have the kids and it's summer!) so if it takes a while, nothing personal.

Take care.................................................Tyler

« Reply #279 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:42 PM »
no hurry

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2012, 04:39:58 PM »
Zeek,

It's a shame nobody else jumped in, maybe we're part of the 1-3% club!!

Take care...................................Tyler

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #281 on: July 27, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
Zeek,

Watched the full presentation. Interesting. Anybody else?

Tyler

« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2012, 12:32:02 AM »
When you stop fighting life, life stops being a battle

Offline Tyler Foos

« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2012, 12:13:08 PM »
"The only people that don't find life difficult are those that acknowledge that life is difficult". Author unknown.

Tyler  :)